July 21, 2020. Invesco Dynamic Credit Opportunities
VTA is a closed end fund with about 32% leverage. Anytime you have this level of leverage, you have risk. But you get a significant dividend level of 9.86%. BUY: VTA
- A senior bank loan is a corporate loan repackaged into a bundle of corporate loans that is sold to investors.
- Senior bank loans take priority over all of the other debt obligations of a borrower.
- In the event of a bankruptcy, senior bank loans receive payment before other creditors, preferred stockholders, and common stockholders, when the assets of the borrower are sold off.
- Senior bank loans are typically secured via a lien against the assets of the borrower.
- Senior bank loans most often come with floating interest rates.
- Historically, lenders that issue senior bank loans have been able to recover the entirety of the loan when the borrower has defaulted.
- Senior bank loans typically provide high-yield returns for investors and protection against inflation
SENIOR BANK LOANS EXPLAINED
Longer term technical momentum indicators say the markets/SPY are going even higher. Markets are totally disconnected and not reflective of the REAL economy but hey who are we to argue. If you own stocks, just hold on for the ride but keep your stops in place. As long as Amazon and the FANG stocks keep spiking, SPY and DOW will not decline.
WE ARE STILL EXPECTING DECLINES IN AUGUST: BUT DUE TO MARKET STRENGTH ANY PULLBACK MAY BE MINOR
Very interesting article: the liberal media would lead you to believe the world is coming to an end with virus infections. But only 3% rate of hospitalization? And why in the hell are these stupid people not wearing masks? Link to full article below.
In the case of Florida, for instance, during the first 14 days of July, there have been 139,195 new cases reported, but only 4,322 new hospitalizations. So that means only 3.1 percent of this ballyhooed surge of cases was sick enough to even require hospitalization.
Needless to say, that’s not a crisis; it’s just one more part of the indictment against Fauci and his gang of malpracticing doctors. They have put the anti-Trump press into a rabid feeding frenzy, and that coverage, in turn, has caused the American public to head back into their Covid holes.
As it happened, three of the nation’s largest banks reported their totally confected earnings for Q2 this AM, but the one thing that stood out as meaningful was a collective $28 billion provision for future loan losses. That is, they see the massive wave of defaults set in motion by Fauci’s misbegotten Lockdown Nation strategy, and are getting prepared for the worst.
Meanwhile, the Fed’s lunatic $3 trillion injection of liquidity into the canyons of Wall Street since the Lockdown Nation incepted in mid-March continues to do its mischief, fueling a stock market bubble that gets more ludicrous (and dangerous) by the day. article
Do you want to know the truth about electric cars????
Electric Vehicles Won’t Save Us from Climate Change
Our URL http://www.luvthosedividends.com will be discontinued. This URL will be used: http://www.luvthosedividends.wordpress.com NOW IN OUR 8TH YEAR. This blog is intended for INCOME investors. IF you are heavily invested in stocks, caution is advised as we head in August. Go to the Core Portfolio for current holdings. Don’t forget to hit the like button. This blog is designed for retired investors seeking income.